Congratulations to Rising’s October athlete of the month, Katie Caldwell. Katie joined Rising last year with her mom, Margaret. Since those first few foundations classes, Katie has been a regular in our 10:45 and noon classes and she always shows up ready to work hard….even when she tells me she hates the workout. 😉 Get to know a little bit more about her by checking out her story below.
1) When did you first start Crossfit? November of 2016
2) What is your day job? Homeschool 8th grade student
3) What is your athletic background? I played soccer for nine years, gymnastics for half a year, and currently swimming and Crossfit.
4) What made you decide to give Crossfit a try? I started Crossfit because my mom signed me up with her, but also because I wanted a bigger workout than just walking and swimming twice a week.
5) Tell us something we don’t know about you: Something you don’t know about me is that I play the trumpet.
6) What is your favorite quote? “The best and most beautiful things in the world can’t be seen or even touched; they must be felt with the heart” – Helen Keller
7) What are your hobbies and interests outside of Crossfit? I love to read, bake, build legos, and play outside with friends and family.
8) What is your favorite Crossfit movement? My favorite Crossfit movements are cleans, deadlifts, burpees all the way, and box jumps.
9) What is your least favorite Crossfit movement? My least favorite movements are those darn snatches, OHS, and wall balls.
10) What is your greatest struggle with Crossfit? My greatest struggle in Crossfit is probably anything overhead, and sometimes not stopping.
11) What is your favorite thing about Crossfit? My favorite thing about Crossfit is how each day is something different and new. And of course the people inside, they are so inspiring and I look up to them all. The coaches always push me, encourage me, and help me get better and better.